Thursday 19 April 2012

Healthy & safe v health & safety

I am not healthy and safe. I don't think the words fit well together.

For instance two weeks ago I went to a healthy aerobics class that focuses on LBT for the first time in a few months. I couldn't walk for 3 days! Sitting down and standing up were AGONY. An then silly me did it all again the next week...

So today after a good warm up of a run decide to use the climbing wall for my last 15 mins before I have to shower and dress and run to work.

The bruise hasn't come up. Yet. I can feel it. its been stiffer and achier all day! But let's just say the climbing wall won! The blood washed away (although I have now this afternoon cut my thumb open too and that bleeds as I type this) but ouchy. Healthy is NOT safe.

There are sooo many injuries and potential injuries.

Even the paper today is whining about Aussie rules football injuries needing medical assistance. And there are a lot of them by the way the article goes.

Look at my trampolining injury that left me with codeine and a chiro bill. The ski trip which broke my arm...

A swing cut my tongue open when I was running round the park as a child (a form of exercise even when fun just like skiing and trampolining).

I can not think about a single incident suffered from sitting on my couch with a cup of tea. And maybe a bar of chocolate. And the Telly. Obviously.

So let's consider this - is healthy worth the unsafety?!

No comments:

Post a Comment