Thursday 5 April 2012

Did you all die?

A psychologist once told me (I work in a counselling centre) that I will always be homesick and never truly settle or make proper friends here if I don't mourn for the life I had. The life I left. And the one that is no longer me. And accept you are all no longer who I am.

I don't know how that works. And maybe I misinterpreted. But you guys aren't dead. I didn't leave you as people. I Left the UK for Australia. If I coulda brought you all with me I woulda.

Does that mean no more Skype? No more emails? Should I delete you all from Facebook? Ignore my parents and sister and decline chocolate deliveries?
Stop saying things like "in England we do it this way..." "when I lived in England..." "my friend blah in England..."?

Should I burn my UK passport? And denounce you all to Satan?

Oh the questions. I feel if I put these to the psychologist she may think I'm nuts. I will keep these to myself.

But suffice to say I think that her theory only applies when your life is taken from you and you have no choice.

But I share with you a floral arrangement from the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show (MIFGS) called inspired by Mexico's day of the dead. But you're not all dead. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment