Friday 23 March 2012

An apple a day shatters away...

I have of late despised my iPhone. It's 2 years old. My alarm stopped working when we crossed in to 2012. (it stopped for 2011 too) The main button to get it going doesn't always work. But it's lasted the 2 years. And tomorrow being our 2 year and 4 day anniversary of being in Oz is THE day we ditch our crappy current provider and throw ourselves at the mercy of Telstra. Telstra being the BT I suppose of oz. They're the only ones with reception outside the city walls. And it's tiresome not having phone reception in the backwater of Australia.

If I haven't mentioned it before - Aus mobile contracts are stiffer and more expensive than UK ones. Which sucks. But I still refuse to act like a poor student and go prepaid/ pay as you go. I've never had pay as you go. Never want one. I'm not a poor student.

So we have waited our two years and tomorrow is it. D day.

I know my iPhone has been suspicious for a while. More and more random quirks have been appearing. And after refusing to allow any incoming calls today until gone 5pm and refusing to allow me to check my voicemails even though it diverted everything to me bleedin voicemail it made a bid for freedom as I stepped out of the office and in to the sunlight.

Silly silly iPhone. You don't have legs. And oh yeah, concrete hurts.

So instead of being used as an interim iPod (mine is from 2005 and refuses to recognize the computer so can't upload or jiggle my playlists) this lump of shattered poop shall be binned. And it shall be binned while still wearing it's shameful clothing choice for today - cellotape. Actually, silly shattered poop is wearing imitation cellotape by the name of 'sticky tape'. That is how low things have gotten.

But admittedly; other than trying to cut my fingers open (hence te sticky tape) it is still working! I write this now from the shattered poop. And the screen is clear. No stupid black smudges like nokia smashed screens would torture you with. Bless my silly suicidal iPhone. And may it rest in peace a la bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment