Wednesday 19 January 2011

Hotdog. Jumping frog. Al...bur...queque.

I don't know if that's how you spell alburqueque. But you know where in coming from!

Summer brings more nightlife to Melbourne than normal. Which is fabulous edible and intoxicating. In the alcoholic way.

Take Wednesday night. No longer is it hump night. It is a veritable feast during summer as Victoria Night Market opens from 5.30 to late serving pints of the yummiest sangria and every type of food imaginable. Except jerk chicken. I miss jerk chicken. But emu burgers, gumbo, crepes, paella, cupcakes and of course as photo'd - Bratwurst. The chips are crap. Certainly not the German variety you would expect. But the sausages are pretty damned good.

Trust me when I say I have sampled the sangria a few times an it is consistently fabulous.

Then take the rest of the week. We here in Melbourne have three different open air cinemas. Lucky us. One on the roof of a bar Which is conveniently also a bar. One in the more romantic of settings in the botanical gardens. And one at at kilda sea baths.

Already due to weather conditions not being as they used to be many have been cancelled. I was all booked to go to Heathers when they cancelled it - boo hiss. The last time i watched it must have been on the foleys couch. But many more classics are scheduled which I will try and get a look in to. From breakfast at tiffanys to Donnie darko, with some new releases in-between. I have yet to get Liams buy in to a romantic picnic blanket viewing for two. But I will work on it... In the meantime though - yummy memories of bratty and sauerkraut. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment