Monday 21 May 2012

My week of austerity

This week I will do it. I WILL.

I WILL commit to the gym at least twice. Maybe thrice.

And I WILL commit to spending less money....

Leaving my cushy Telstra job behind I also left an abnormally high rate of temp pay. And now I'm back on normal pay and this country keeps throwing 4 day weeks at me... I'm starting to feel the pinch.

So it's time I think of unnecessary expenditures. That coffee in the morning, buying lunch everyday, buying brekky when I run late, that afternoons coffee... These babies add up.

So this week is my week of austerity.

We have a coffee machine at home. So I will bring coffee with me everyday in my keepcup. Lunch will be pre made (today is last nights chilli left overs and I have a tin of soup that has been gathering dust on my desk for a few months). I have pre bought munchies in my draw such as über healthy cereal bars and mini pretzels to help me through my day to avoid any unnecessary trips to shops. As 7-11 puts a premium price on office workers afternoon sugar cravings. And they don't have very healthy options being a krispy Kreme stockist...

I am hoping that from 10-20$ a day I will cut down to an average of $5 per day once my shop is averaged out...

Ill let you know how I do. Austerity measures here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment