Thursday 16 December 2010

The Multiple Freezings & Thawings of Hell

>

> This year in my absence there will be many things different about the Marsh family Christmas.
>
> The first being that my folks will be in Oman topping up their tans in heat hotter than Oz.
>
> So no Marsh Christmas on the 25th.
>
> But shocker... Mum told me she WAS NOT GOING TO PUT THE TREE UP (first freezing of hell). In recent years mum has used a fabulous fake tree provided by the Newman family. Still a good height. I.e it hits the ceiling. But fake. Do no watering. It won't die while they're inOman etc.
>
> Then Donna tells me she's off to my folks with Tommy. So I ask my mum if Donna knows about the lack of tree... "that's the surprise" my mum says. No mum. That's CRUEL.
>
> So then my mum decides she will have a tree... (hell quickly thawed)
>
> Except not only is it not in the cons. It's also shorter than my mum by the looks of it (once again hell freezes over at the likelihood of that ever happening).
>
> So this year is a year for many firsts. My first real tree of my own. My mums first tree of less than 8 feet tall. Tommys first Christmas. Tommy's first Marsh family tree viewing - thank god he's too young to remember how tiny the tree is ;o). But not my first away from home, but my third.
>
>
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment